"What are you, some kind of a nut that likes to see people die?!" - Maxwell Smart.
"Yes...it's such a marvelous contrast to my own splendid health." - Mr. Hercules.
Maxwell Smart learns that he has swallowed a delayed-action poison and has only until 1:00 PM the next day to live. He determines to use his remaining time to track down the KAOS agent responsible, a gym owner known as Mr. Hercules.
- Maxwell Smart - Don Adams
- Agent 99 - Barbara Feldon
- The Chief - Edward Platt
- Dr. Steel - Ellen Weston
- Larrabee - Robert Karvelas
- Elwood Box - Shelley Berman (uncredited)
- Happy (Proprietor) - Anthony Jochim
- Receptionist - Allison Price
- John (Janitor) - Mousie Garner
- Abbott Norman, M.D. - John Hoyt (uncredited voice)
- This episode was co-written by David Ketchum, best known to Get Smart fans as Agent 13.
- The name of the doctor Max consults, Abbott Norman, is an obvious play on the name of the episode's director, Norman Abbott.
- When Max says, "All work and no play...", Agent 99 sassily finishes for him, "...makes Max a dead boy". This should be "...makes Max a live boy", since, if Max had been working as she had thought, he wouldn't have been poisoned.
This episode is a parody of the 1950 film D.O.A.