"A foggy day in London town - it has you low and it has you down."
- Maxwell Smart (quoting from the song A Foggy Day (in London Town) by George and Ira Gershwin).
Capital city of England and the United Kingdom and the location of the headquarters of both British CONTROL and British Intelligence as well as Scotland Yard, the London Palladium, and one of Frank Valentine's Pussycat Clubs.
- Amongst others, the Chief has a direct phone line to London (in light blue) behind a sliding wall panel in his office [Episode #51: "The Man from YENTA"].
- CONTROL agent Maxwell Smart visits London on at least three occasions:
- When he and Agent 99 are assigned to capture American gangster The Scar and later thwart the plans of the smuggling Scorpion Gang. They are accompanied by the Chief on a separate mission to ferret out a suspected KAOS spy within British CONTROL [Episode #70: "That Old Gang of Mine"].
- Max and 99 return to London to assist Chief Inspector Sparrow of Scotland Yard in investigating a series of murders which appear to be the work of Jack the Ripper [Episode #127: "House of Max" & #128: "House of Max, conclusion"].
- While on loan to British Intelligence, Max reports in London to Sir Hubert who is apparently the agency's head [Comic Story #15: "The 4000 Year Old Man Caper"].
- Max also speaks of going to England on the Martin case, when his cover was posing as the Prime Minister but it is not known if that involved a visit to London itself [Episode #62: "The Spy Who Met Himself"].
- CONTROL Agent Michael Kendall is assigned travel to London to deliver top-secret defense plans to NATO but never reaches his destination [Episode #111: "The Not-So-Great Escape, Part 1"].
- KAOS Agent Paul John Mondebello is also known to have visited London [Episode #64: "The Spirit is Willing"].
- Simon the Likeable was tried in a London court charged with grand larceny, forgery, espionage, extortion, counterfeiting, smuggling, and assault with a deadly weapon but is found not guilty because the judge there found him too likeable to convict [Episode #119: "And Baby Makes Four"].
- London is targeted for destruction by Bedouin KAOS agent Ahmed from his underground missile site in the Sahara [Episode #56: "Appointment in Sahara"] and by anti-noise crusader Albert Pfister using his "private air force" of homing pigeons carrying his "Nitrowhisperin" silent explosive [Episode #82: "Spy, Spy, Birdie"] but neither of these planned attacks is actually carried out.
- One of Norman Saint Sauvage's demonstration Nude Bombs explodes outside what appears to be Buckingham Palace in London, leaving the guards there deprived of their iconic uniforms [Move: "The Nude Bomb"].
See London at Wikipedia.