- This article is about the season four episode, 'Tequila Mockingbird'. For the article on the object for which the episode is named, see Tequila Mockingbird (object).
Max: "I'll need some expense money, Chief."
Chief: "Cash in that train ticket I gave you."
Max: "What train ticket?"
Chief: "Didn't I give you a train ticket to Tacoma?"
Max: "No, you didn't give me a train ticket to Tacoma. You gave me a tramway ticket to Tehachapi."
Chief: "Now stop it right there. I don't want to get involved in any of those tongue twisters with you. The last time I did it, I couldn't talk for two days."
Max and 99 travel to Mira Loma, Mexico to recover the fabulous figurine known as the Tequila Mockingbird before KAOS can get their hands on it. Can Smart recover the Mockingbird while surviving a three way Mexican standoff between himself, a KAOS Agent and a greedy local villain?
- Maxwell Smart - Don Adams
- Agent 99 - Barbara Feldon
- Chief - Edward Platt
- Larabee - Robert Karvelas
- Esperanza- Poupee Bocar
Weapons and Gadgets
- Mira Loma, Mexico
- Perhaps the most ingenious of all Get Smart episode titles, this one refers simultaneously to both To Kill a Mockingbird and The Maltese Falcon. In addition, the episode parodies the then-popular "spaghetti western" film genre, in particular The Good, the Bad and the Ugly with its climactic three-way shootout.