Natural satellite of the earth. Landing on the moon is the goal of a cold war race between the United States and representatives of the not-so-free world.
- Brilliant scientist Dr. Alonzo Shotwire is working on a Lunar Surface Exploration Vehicle [Episode #19: "Back to the Old Drawing Board"].
- While posing as military officer Colonel Smart, Max claims to be working on a lunar space vehicle called Gossamer Wings [Episode #20: "All in the Mind"].
- When Max learns that the nation's potato crop has been destroyed by KAOS and secretly replaced by a foam rubber substitute he takes solace in the knowledge that "the Russians may be way ahead of us in the moon program, but we're ahead of them in rubber food." [Episode #88: "Snoopy Smart vs. the Red Baron".]
- Otto Greer Industries has an unspecified role in the moon project with data on file in the top drawer of a filing cabinet in owner Otto Greer's office [Episode #110: "Greer Window"].
- In late 1969, during a secret meeting on the moon with Max and 99, the Chief informs them that it will probably be the last time they can meet there since the astronauts have now landed successfully and there will probably be a lot more of them coming. Max replies that they shouldn't complain because they'd had it for four years [Episode #113: "Pheasant Under Glass"].
- A nuclear fuel invented by a Dr. Harper is so powerful that a quart is enough to send a rocket to the moon and back 25 times [Episode #132: "How Green Was My Valet"].