"Who wrote Little Women?"
When Admiral Hargrade returns to Washington to attend high-level security conferences (and pitch in the old-timers baseball game against the CIA), his nemesis, a KAOS master of disguise known as The Chameleon, threatens his safety.
- Maxwell Smart - Don Adams
- Agent 99 - Barbara Feldon
- Chief - Edward Platt
- Admiral Hargrade - William Schallert
- Larabee - Robert Karvelas
- This episode is somewhat unusual, in that the enemy of the episode is never caught or captured, although no permanent harm seems to be done, either.
- The title refers to the epic poem The Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Samuel Taylor Coleridge.